BEGC-134 Reading the Novel
Solved Assignment 2020-2021
|Title Name||BEGC-134 English Discipline|
|Service Type||Solved Assignment (Soft copy/PDF)|
|Semester||2020-21 Course: BAG(English General)|
|Short Name||BEGC-134 (ENGLISH)|
|Assignment Code||TMA 01/2020-21|
|Product||Assignment of BAG(English General) 2020-2021 (IGNOU)|
|Submission Date||For June Examination: 30th April, 2021
For December Examination: 31st October, 2021
Reading the Novel
Assignment July 2020 and January 2021 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1 – 4)
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions.
Write short notes in about 200 words each: 4 × 5 = 20
(i) Types of the novel
(ii) New areas of novel writing
(iii) Third Person Narrative
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 4 X 7.5 = 30
1. How would you define writing style? Explain.
2. Is it necessary to have an understanding of an age to read a writer/ a novel? Think and answer.
3. What were some of the themes of early Odia novels?
4. How did colonialism disrupt social life in Africa? Base your answer on your understanding of Things Fall Apart.
Answer the following questions in about 800 words each: 5 X 10 = 50
1. Comment on the themes discussed in The Awakening.
2. Write a detailed essay on the use of songs, in Paraja.
3. Discuss Paraja as a translated novel.
4. Comment on the development of the Nigerian novel.
5. Examine the use of folk material such as Proverbs, Sayings and Metaphors in Things Fall Apart.
Keywords: BEGC-134, BEGC 134, BEGC134