|Course Code :||BEGC-108|
|Course Title :||British Literature: 18th Century|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS) / BA English Honours (BAEGH)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2022 and January 2023|
|Last Date of Submission :||For June Examination: 30th April 2023
For December Examination: 31st October 2023
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
British Literature: 18th Century
Assignment July 2022 & January 2023 Sessions
(Based on Blocks 1-4)
Max. Marks 100
Answer All Questions.
1. Write short notes on the following in about 200 words each: 5X4=20
(i) Political Debates of 17th Century England.
(ii) Satire in New Classical Age.
(iii) Features of Restoration Comedy
(iv) Broad features of literature in the ‘long 18th Century.’
Answer the following in about 300 words each: 4 X 7.5 = 30
1. Critical comment on the binarisation of the ‘savage’ and the ‘civilized’ in Defoe’s Crusoe. Does the story also blur this rigid binarisation sometimes ?
2. Does Swift help us question the binary between a man and an animal in Gulliver’s Travels? Comment.
3. What role and purpose does Mrs. Fainall serve in the play ‘The Way of the World’?
4. What is the setting of the Gray’s poem ‘Elegy Written In a Country’s Churchyard’?
Answer the following questions in about 400 words each: 5 X 10 = 50
1. Critically comment on Crusoe’s Sojourn on the island.
2. Gulliver’s Travels Book III is a satire against the abuse of science and reason. Critically discuss.
3. Critically analyze Gulliver’s Travels Book IV as the critique of English colonialism.
4. Does the play ‘The Way of the World’ uphold bourgeoisie ideology and mercantile capitalism? Comment.
5. Analyze the pastoral elements in Gray’s Elegy.
Keywords: BEGC-108, BEGC 108, BEGC108, BEGC-108 Assignment Solution, IGNOU Assignment Solution, IGNOU Solution Guide, IGNOU CBCS BA Assignment Solved