|Course Code :||BEGC-104|
|Course Title :||British Poetry and Drama – 14th to 17th Century|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS) / BA English Honours|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021|
|Last Date of Submission :||For June Examination: 31st March
For December Examination: 30th September
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
British Poetry and Drama – 14th to 17th Century
Assignment for July 2020 and January 2021 sessions
(Based on Blocks 1-4)
Max. Marks 100
Answer All Questions.
1. Write short notes on the following in about 200 words each. 4×5 = 20
(i) Significance of the porter scene.
(ii) Wife of Bath as interpreter.
(iii) The characters of Alison and Jankins.
(iv) The term Renaissance.
Answer the following questions in about 300 words each 4 X 7.5 = 30
1. Discuss the theme of Sin and Redemption in Dr. Faustus.
2. In what sense is The Wife of Bath’s Prologue dramatic. Explain.
3. Comment on the nature of time in Shakespeare’s sonnets keeping in view the theme of immortality.
4. Critically analyze any one soliloquy by Macbeth.
Answer the following questions in about 800 words each 5 X 10 = 50
1. Comment on The Wife of Bath’s Prologue as an example of social criticism.
2. Discuss the play Macbeth as a tragedy.
3. Is Amoretti a love poem? Discuss the idea of love projected by Spenser in it.
4. Critically comment on Donne’s argument against death in the sonnet ‘Death, Be Not Proud’. 5. Critically analyze ‘Sonnet 55’.
Keywords: BEGC-104, BEGC 104, BEGC104, BEGC-104 Assignment Solution, IGNOU Assignment Solution, IGNOU Solution Guide, IGNOU CBCS BA Assignment Solved