|Course Code :||BECE-016|
|Course Title :||Economic Development: Comparative Analysis and Contemporary Issues|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Economic Development: Comparative Analysis and
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: BECE-016
Asst. Code: BECE-016/AST/TMA/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
Note: Answer all the questions.
A. Long Answer Questions. (Answer in about 500 words each) 2 x 20=40
1. Explain the major conceptual differences between the ideas of ‘economic growth’ and ‘economic development’. In light of this, do you support the view that ‘growth of an economy’ is a necessary but not sufficient ‘condition for development’?
2. Discuss the concept of ‘export-driven model of economic development’. Are there any grounds on which this model of growth is criticised?
B. Medium Answer Questions. (Answer in about 250 words each) 4 x 12=48
3. Outline the central idea behind the ‘Endogenous Growth Theory’?
4. Highlight the central idea behind the concept of ‘sustainable development’ as defined in the World Commission on Environment and Development.
5. On what grounds did Solow criticize the Harod-Domar model of growth?
6. Discuss the problems of ‘Market Socialism’?
C. Short Answer Questions. (Answer in about 100 words each) 2 x 6=12
7. Differentiate between following: (3 x 2 = 6)
a) Hicks Neutrality and Harrod Neutrality of Technological Progress.
b) Finance capitalism and Monopoly capitalism.
c) Communism and Socialism.
8. Write short notes on: (3 x 2 = 6)
ii) Steady State Growth
iii) Foreign Trade Policy of Sin
Keywords: BECE-016, BECE016, BECE 016, BECE16, BECE 16, BECE-16