|Course Code :||MSOE-4|
|Course Title :||Urban Sociology|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Sociology)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Core Course in M.A. Sociology
MSOE-004: Urban Sociology
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSOE-004
Assignment Code: MSOE-004/AST/TMA/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer any five questions selecting at least two from each Section. Your answer should be in about 500 words each.
Answer at least two questions in about 500 words each from this section.
1. Define the concept of urban and discuss some of its categories of towns according to the Indian census.
2. What is the concept of metropolis? Describe the major features of a metropolis in India.
3. Describe and discuss E.W Burgess’ ‘concentric zone theory’ with suitable illustrations.
4. How many types of cities are their? Discuss with examples from India.
5. Describe the origin and development of sociological studies in the area of urban in different universities in India.
Section – II
6. The focus of sociologists on the question of urban society increased as and when the urbanisation rate grew as per the census. Discuss.
7. Highlight the changes in the pattern of marriage in urban India with suitable examples.
8. Is the Indian economy dependent on the rural production or urban production? Discuss.
9. Define poverty and discuss the linkage between rural and urban poverty.
10. How does the environmental pollution affect the people in the cities? Discus its sociological aspects.