|Course Code :||MSO-3|
|Course Title :||Research Methodologies and Methods|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Sociology)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Core Course in M.A. Sociology
MSO-003: Sociology of Development
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSO-003
Assignment Code: MSO-003/AST/TMA/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer any five questions selecting at least two from each of the sections. Your answers should be in about 500 words each.
1. What do you understand by “top- down” approach to development? What are its main criticisms?
2. What is the genesis of sustainable development and how has it evolved over a period?
3. What is the relationship between Gender and Development? Discuss.
4. Critically evaluate Gandhian perspective on development.
5. What is the role of welfare state in addressing social inequality in society?
6. What do you understand by globalization? Discuss its main features.
7. Write a note on the emergence and growth of Green Peace Movement.
8. Discuss the role of ICTs in the growth of service economy.