|Course Code :||MSO-1|
|Course Title :||Sociological Theories and Concepts|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Sociology)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Core Course in M.A. Sociology
MSO-001: Sociological Theories and Concepts
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Programme Code: MSO
Course Code: MSO-001
Assignment Code: MSO-001/AST/TMA/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer five questions worth 100 marks from Sections 1 and 2. Attempt at least two questions from each Section.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each
1. Delineate the role of Concept and Theory in sociological analysis.
2. What is power? Discuss the instruments of power.
3. Examine the distinction between Marxian and Weberian ideologies.
4. Discuss the concept of Social Structure as a model.
5. What is entrepreneurship? Explain the perspective of Schumpeter on entrepreneurship.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each.
7. Distinguish between modernization and modernity.
8. Examine the relationship between identity and identification.
9. Discuss the elements of caste in gender stratification.
10. What is citizenship? Discuss its various types.