|Course Code :||MPSE-7|
|Course Title :||Social Movements and Politics in India|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
SOCIAL MOVEMENTS AND POLITICS IN INDIA (MPSE-007)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPSE-007
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2020-21
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the meaning and components of social movements.
2. Explain how the Structure-Function approach can help to study social movements.
3. Discuss the impact of globalisation on social movements.
4. What are the perspectives in the discourse on the Indian state?
5. Discuss the relationship between social movements and democracy in India.
Write notes on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Human Development Index
b) Resource Mobilisation Theory
7. a) New Social Movements
8. a) Approaches to study ethnic movements
b) Characteristics of farmers’ movements
9. a) Chipko movement
b) Limitations of the BSP
10. a) Fisher folks’ movement in Kerala
b) Urban-based environment movements
Keywords: mpse-007, mpse-7, mpse-07, mpse007, mpse7, mpse 007 solved assignment, ignou mpse 007 solved assignment, mpse 007 solved assignment 2020-21, mpse 007 pdf, ignou assignment, buy ignou solved assignments, ignou assignment online buy, mpse-007 assignment answers, ma political science 2nd year