|Course Code :||MPSE-6|
|Course Title :||Peace and Conflict Studies|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
PEACE AND CONFLICT STUDIES (MPSE-006)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPSE-006
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2020-21
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. The preamble of UNESCO reads, ‘Since war begins in the minds of men, it is in the minds of men that the defences of peace must be constructed’. Give your assessment on the statement.
2. Briefly explain the key elements of Sino-India CBMs. What in your judgment are the CBMs effective in maintaining peace?
3. How is peace defined? Explain the different approaches to the study of peace.
4. Illustrate with suitable example the achievements of regional organizations in the prevention and resolution of conflicts.
5. What is human security? What in your view are the main challenges to human security?
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. (a) Direct and structural violence
(b) Multi Track Diplomacy
7. (a) Doctrine of ‘just war’
(b) Distinguish insurgency and terrorism
8. (a) Gandhian approach to peace
(b) Arbitration and conflict resolution
9. (a) Disarmament and arms control
(b) Distinguish ‘limited’ war and ‘total’ war
10. (a) Feminist perspectives of war
(b) Strategies of nuclear deterrence
Keywords: mpse-006, mpse-6, mpse-06, mpse006, mpse6, mpse 006 solved assignment, ignou mpse 006 solved assignment, mpse 006 solved assignment 2020-21, mpse 006 pdf, ignou assignment, buy ignou solved assignments, ignou assignment online buy, mpse-006 assignment answers, ma political science 2nd year