|Course Code :||MPSE-4|
|Course Title :||Social and Political Thought in India|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
SOCIAL AND POLITICAL THOUGHT IN MODERN INDIA (MPSE-004)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPSE-004
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2020-21
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the nature of state and sovereignty in ancient India.
2. Write an essay on the construction of India in the 19th century.
3. Examine the arrival of nationalism in early 19th century India.
4. Elaborate upon the religio-political ideas of Dayanand Saraswati.
5. Describe the importance of Lal-Bal-Pal in the nationalist movement.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Swami Vivekananda on Nationalism
b) Sri Aurobindo’s critique of political moderates in India
7. a) V.D. Savarkar’s views on social change
b) Negative and positive Hindutva a of M.S. Golwrkar
8. a) Sir Syed Ahmed Khan on Hindu–Muslim unity
b) E.V. Ramaswamy Naicker on Dravidian Mobilisation
9. a) Philosophical Foundations of Gandhi’s political perspective
b) Jawaharlal Nehru’s Scientific Humanism
10. a) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar on religion and caste
b) Rabindranath Tagore’s critique of nationalism
Keywords: mpse-004, mpse-4, mpse-04, mpse004, mpse4, mpse 004 solved assignment, ignou mpse 004 solved assignment, mpse 004 solved assignment 2020-21, mpse 004 pdf, ignou assignment, buy ignou solved assignments, ignou assignment online buy, mpse-004 assignment answers, ma political science 2nd year