|Course Code :||MPSE-4|
|Course Title :||Social and Political Thought in India|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
SOCIAL AND POLITICAL THOUGHT IN MODERN INDIA (MPSE-004)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPSE-004
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2019-20
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the nature of state and sovereignty in medieval India.
2. Write an essay on nationalism and colonial modernity in the 19th century India.
3. Write a note on social reform and the ‘Hindu Renaissance’ in 19th century India.
4. Elaborate the role of Jyotiba Phule as a social revolutionary.
5. Compare the Moderates and Extremists in the nationalist movement.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Sri Aurobindo on passive resistance
b) Background of the rise of Hindu nationalist ideology
7. a) Maulana Maududi’s views on Nationalism
b) Pandita Ramabai’s fight against patriarchy
8. a) Jaipal Singh on championing Adivasi identity
b) Gandhi on the relationship between religion and politics
9. a) Jawaharlal Nehru’s theory of culture
b) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar’s ideological orientation
10. a) Rabindranath Tagore’s theory of freedom and self-realisation
b) M.N. Roy’s Radical Humanism
Keywords: mpse-004, mpse-4, mpse-04, mpse004, mpse4, mpse 004 solved assignment, ignou mpse 004 solved assignment, mpse 004 solved assignment 2019-20, mpse 004 pdf, ignou assignment, buy ignou solved assignments, ignou assignment online buy, mpse-004 assignment answers, ma political science 2nd year