|Course Code :||MPSE-4|
|Course Title :||Social and Political Thought in India|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
30th September, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
SOCIAL AND POLITICAL THOUGHT IN MODERN INDIA (MPSE-004)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPSE-004
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2021-22
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the nature of state and sovereignty in medieval India.
2. Write an essay on nationalism and colonial modernity.
3. Examine the modes of reformist thought in early 19th century India.
4. Elaborate upon the ideas of Bankimchandra Chattopadhyaya on nationalism.
5. Describe the importance of the extremist ideology in the nationalist movement.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Swami Vivekananda on social change
b) Sri Aurobindo on passive resistance
7. a) V.D. Savarkar on Hindu nation and Indian state
b) M.S. Golwarkar on social organisation
8. a) Maulana Maududi’s views on nationalism
b) Jaipal Singh as a champion of Adivasi identity
9. a) Gandhi’s views on relationship between religion and politics
b) Jawaharlal Nehru’s theory of nature
10. a) Dr. B.R. Ambedkar on reason and rights
b) Rabindranath Tagore’s differences with Gandhi
Keywords: mpse-004, mpse-4, mpse-04, mpse004, mpse4, mpse 004 solved assignment, ignou mpse 004 solved assignment, mpse 004 solved assignment 2021-22, mpse 004 pdf, ignou assignment, buy ignou solved assignments, ignou assignment online buy, mpse-004 assignment answers, ma political science 2nd year