|Course Code :||MPSE-3|
|Course Title :||Western Political Thought (From Plato to Marx)|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
WESTERN POLITICAL THOUGHT (From Plato to Marx) (MPSE-003)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPSE-003
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2020-21
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Distinguish between political thought, political theory and political philosophy.
2. Discuss the philosophical foundations of Plato’s political theory.
3. Write a note on Aristotle’s methodology.
4. What has been St. Augustine’s influence on western political thought? Examine.
5. Elaborate upon Machiavelli’s classification of governments.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Thomas Hobbes on the rights and duties of sovereign
b) John Locke on social contract and civil society
7. a) Rousseau’s theory of General Will
b) Critique of Edmund Burke
8. a) Immanuel Kant’s transcendental–idealist view of human nature
b) Alexis de Tocqueville on religion
9. a) J. S. Mill on representative government
b) Hegel’s theory of state
10. a) Marx’s Historical Materialism
b) Marx’s views on communist society
Keywords: mpse-003, mpse-3, mpse-03, mpse003, mpse3, mpse 003 solved assignment, ignou mpse 003 solved assignment, mpse 003 solved assignment 2020-21, mpse 003 pdf, ignou assignment, buy ignou solved assignments, ignou assignment online buy, mpse-003 assignment answers, ma political science 2nd year