|Course Code :||MPS-4|
|Course Title :||Comparative Politics : Issues and Trends|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
COMPARATIVE POLITICS: ISSUES AND TRENDS (MPS-004)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPS-004
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question is to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Evaluate the significance of comparative method in the study of politics.
2. What are the core elements that constitute a state? Discuss the different theories regarding the origin of the state.
3. What is a nation? Explain Benedict Anderson’s view of nation as an ‘imagined’ political community.
4. In what ways the transnational corporations eroded the sovereignty of the governments?
5. The existence of civil society is a necessary precondition for the existence of democracy. Comment.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words.
6. (a) Structural-functional approach
(b) Dependency and underdevelopment
7. (a) Hegel’s view of civil-society
(b) Self-determination and secession
8. (a) Relevance of Constitutionalism in state-building
(b) Gandhian perspective of the state
9. (a) Stateless nation
(b) System approach in comparative politics
10. (a) Feminist perspective on development
(b) Creole nationalism
Keywords: MPS-004, MPS004, MPS-4, MPS4, MPS 004 Solved Assignment in English Mediun, IGNOU Assignment Solution Guide, MPS-004 Comparative Politics Assignment Solution, MA Political Science First Year Answer Key, PDF Softcopy Assignment Solutions