COMPARATIVE POLITICS: ISSUES AND TRENDS (MPS-004)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: MPS-004
Assignment Code: Asst/TMA/2018-19
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Critically examine Dependency Theory as a tool for understanding underdeveloped nations.
2. Write an essay on different approaches to the study of nationalism.
3. Analyse the nature of state in post-colonial societies.
4. Explain the Marxist theory of the Origin of the State.
5. Discuss the main challenges to sovereignty of the state in contemporary times.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. a) Gabriel Almond’s Structural-Functional Approach
b) Comparative politics and its evolution
7. a) MNCs and their rolein globalisation
b) Gandhian perspective of the modern State
8. a) Globalisation andstate sovereignty
b) Colonialism and anti-colonial struggles in Asia
9. a) Lenin’s view of imperialism.
b) State –building and nation-building
10. a) Gramsci on Hegemony
b) State and civil society
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.