|Course Code :||MPS-4|
|Course Title :||Comparative Politics : Issues and Trends|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
30th September, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
COMPARATIVE POLITICS: ISSUES AND TRENDS (MPS-004)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPS-004
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2021-22
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer five questions in all, selecting at least two questions from each section. Each question is to be answered in about 500 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. What is comparative method? Examine the significance and the limitations of the comparative method in the study of politics.
2. What is political economy approach in the study of comparative politics? Explain how it is applied in political analysis.
3. Discuss the impact of globalization on the internal functioning of a state.
4. What do you understand by nationalism? Describe the basic characteristics of national identity.
5. Write short notes on the following.
a) Civil Society and its Importance.
Write a short note on each part of the question in about 250 words.
6. ‘Poverty anywhere in the world is a danger to prosperity everywhere’. Comment.
7. Define political party. What purpose do political parties serve in a democratic polity?
8. Describe and evaluate the position of developing countries on the key issues in the environment debate.
9. What is community? Explain why and how ‘community identities’ are constructed.
10. Write short notes on the following:
a) Regional integration in Europe
b) Feminist perspective of the state.
Keywords: MPS-004, MPS004, MPS-4, MPS4, MPS 004 Solved Assignment in English Mediun, IGNOU Assignment Solution Guide, MPS-004 Comparative Politics Assignment Solution, MA Political Science First Year Answer Key, PDF Softcopy Assignment Solutions