|Course Code :||MPS-3|
|Course Title :||India : Democracy and Development|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA (Political Science)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
INDIA: DEMOCRACY AND DEVELOPMENT (MPS-003)
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Course Code: MPS-003
Assignment Code: Asst/TMA/2020-21
Maximum Marks: 100
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Explain how democracy and development are related to each other.
2. Discuss the nature of relationship between police, army and bureaucracy.
3. What are the causes of internal migration? Explain.
4. Discuss the working of federal system in India.
5. Compare the main provisions of the 73rd and 74th Constitutional Amendments.
Write a short note on the following in about 250 words each.
6. Comment on the following in about 250 words each.
a) Sustainable Development
b) Caste Inequalities
7. Comment on the following in about 250 words each.
a) Media and Democracy
b) Ethnic politics
8. Comment on the following in about 250 words each.
a) Economic reforms and working class
b) The basis of regionalism
9. Comment on the following in about 250 words each.
a) Gender and Justice
b) Substantive Democracy
10. Comment on the following in about 250 words each.
a) Language and politics in India.
b) Role of civil society in Indian democracy.
Keywords: MPS-003, MPS003, MPS-3, MPS3, MPS 003 Solved Assignment in English Mediun, IGNOU Assignment Solution Guide, MPS-003 India Democracy and Development Assignment Solution, MA Political Science First Year Answer Key, PDF Softcopy Assignment Solutions