INDIA: DEMOCRACY AND DEVELOPMENT (MPS-003)
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
Course Code: MPS-003
Assignment Code: ASST/TMA/2017-18
Answer any five questions in about 500 words each. Attempt at least two questions from each section. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss how democracy and development are related to each other.
2. Critically examine the following in about 250 words each:
a) The Directive Principles of State Policy
b) Meaning of poverty line
3. Critically analyse the functioning of parliamentary democracy in India.
4. Discuss the main challenges of ethnicity for the nation-state of India.
5. Analyse the contribution of political parties to the success of India’s democracy.
6. Comment on the following in about 250 words each:
a) Gender and justice
b) Regionalism in Indian politics
7. Comment on the following in about 250 words each:
a) Inter-state cooperation
b) Internal migration in India
8. Analyse the role of NGOs in Indian democracy.
9. Comment on the following in about 250 words each:
a) Language and politics in India
b) Role of media in Indian democracy
10. Discuss the impact of the new economic policy on the Indian working class.