|Course Code :||MEG-15|
|Course Title :||Comparative Literature : Theory and Practice|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA English|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
MASTER’S DEGREE IN ENGLISH (MEG-15)
COMPARATIVE LITERATURE: THEORY AND PRACTICE
Course Code: MEG-15
Assignment Code: MEG-15/TMA/2019-20
Max. Marks: 100
Answer any five of the following:
All questions carry equal marks (20)
1. Explain the term‘comparative literature’ in the context of world literature.
2. Explain interliterariness with reference to any texts that you have read.
3. How is the area of cultural studies related to comparative literature?
4. Distinguish between oral and written literature with examples.
5. What do you understand by the terms ‘centre’ and ‘periphery’? Illustrate.
6. What role do Life Writings play in our understanding of certain issues/communities? Elaborate.
7. What is magical realism? What are its defining characteristics? Illustrate.
8. Can translation be regarded as re telling? Explain with examples.
9. What do you understand by ‘shifting perspectives? How does it influence our interpretation of a cultural work?
10. Do you think that studies in comparative literature can help to bring about world harmony? How?
Keywords: MEG-15, MEG15, MEG 15, MEG-15 Solved Assignment, meg 15 solved assignment 2019-20, meg 15 solved assignment 2020, meg assignments solved, ma english assignment, ignou meg 15 assignment solution, ma english 2nd year assignment answers