|Course Code :||MEG-12|
|Course Title :||Canadian Literature|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA English|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
A SURVEY COURSE IN 20THCENTURY
Course Code: MEG-12
Assignment Code: MEG-12/TMA/2019-20
Max. Marks: 100
Attempt all TEN questions and answer each question in approximately 500 words.
All questions carry equal marks (20)
1. If one wants to understand the typical make up of Canada as a nation, one needs to take into account the Canadian attitude towards nature and technology. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer.
2. Write a detailed note on the contributions of Atwood and Ondaatje to recent Canadian poetry.
3. Attempt a detailed analysis of the poem „Elegy for a Grandfather‟ by Al Purdy.
4. Surfacingis about consumerism, identity and environmentalism. Do you agree? Give reasons for your answer giving examples from the text.
5. Gabrielle Roy very realistically presents the lives of the people of Quebec in her novel The Tin Flute. Discuss with examples from the novel.
6. Discuss the thematic strands and structure of The English Patient.
7. “A Mother in India” is about an individual case set against a framework of Anglo-Indian socio-economic reality. Discuss.
8. Immigrants lead a “Trishanku” like existence.Discuss “Sunday Afternoon” and “Swimming Lessons” in the light of this statement.
9. The Ecstasy of Rita Joe showcases the attitude of the Whites towards the First Peoples of Canada. Discuss with examples from the text.
10. Write a note on the contribution of Robert Kroetsch to postmodernism in Canada.
Keywords: MEG-12, MEG12, MEG 12, MEG-12 Solved Assignment, meg 12 solved assignment 2019-20, meg 12 solved assignment 2020, meg assignments solved, ma english assignment, ignou meg 12 assignment solution, ma english 2nd year assignment answers