|Course Code :||MEG-10|
|Course Title :||English Studies In India|
|Program :||MA English|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
ENGLISH STUDIES IN INDIA
ASSIGNMENT 2019 – 2020
(Based on Blocks 1 – 8)
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions.
- Why do you suppose attempts were made to displace English as the medium of instruction with Indian languages, by several Education Commissions in post independent India?
- Examine the circumstances that led to the emergence of English writings by Indians, highlighting the literary contributions of any two writers.
- ‘We area multilingual country and to a large extent all of us are bilingual. ’How does bilingualism influence the use of English in India?Illustrate with examples.
- Critically analyse how English Studies in India can be made relevant to our society.
- Discuss whether or not language plays a role in cultural colonisation.