|Course Code :||MEG-09|
|Course Title :||Australian Literature|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||MA English|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
MASTERS DEGREE IN ENGLISH (MEG-09)
Course Code: MEG-09
Assignment Code: MEG-09/TMA/2019-20
Maximum Marks: 100
Attempt five questions from the following:
All questions carry equal marks
Question 1 is compulsory
1. Show with examples how the notion of Australia is reflected in the writing of that country.
2. Why are European influences to be seen in major Australian writers? Discuss with reference to the writers in your course.
3. Would you say that Voss is a novel that deals with the issue of identity? Discuss with references from the text.
4. Write short notes on any two of the following:
a) The Jindyworobaks.
b) John Shaw Nielson as a lyric poet.
c) Henry Lawson’s story telling technique.
d) Feminist concerns in Australian poetry
5. What part does the Bush play in the Australian creative imagination?
6. Discuss ‘The Drover’s Wife’ from a woman’s perspective.
7. How far does the author’s use of metaphors contribute to the effect of Remembering Babylon? Illustrate
8. Discuss the relevance of the title The Removalists.
9. What were the main themes of nineteenth century Australian poetry? Substantiate your answer with examples from the poems you have read.
Keywords: MEG-09, MEG09, MEG 9, MEG-09 Solved Assignment, meg 09 solved assignment 2019-20, meg 9 solved assignment 2020, meg assignments solved, ma english assignment, ignou meg 9 assignment solution, ma english 2nd year assignment answers