|Course Code :||MEG-08|
|Course Title :||New Literatures In English|
|Program :||MA English|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
NEW LITERATURES IN ENGLISH
ASSIGNMENT FOR MEG-08
July 2019 and January 2020 Session
Assignment Code: MEG-08/TMA/2019-20
Max. Marks: 100
Attempt all the ten questions and answer each question in approximately 500 words.
- What do you understand by the term „postcolonial‟? What role, if any, have diasporic intellectuals played in the institutionalization of postcolonial theory? Discuss
- “A Grain of Wheat is a very complex portrayal of a significant period of Kenyan history”. Discuss.
- Wole Soyinka makes certain characters play double roles in his play A Dance of the Forests.Does this have any significance? Discuss.
- The use of child-narrator modifies the reading of Ice-Candy Manas a Partition novel. Discuss.
- “A House for Mr. Biswas brings forth the crisis of identity formation.” Do you agree? Give a reasoned answer.
- What is ‘Rastafarianism’? How do you think it functions as a counter-culture in Brathwaite’s poetry?
- Examine the implications of the use of metaphors as frames of interpretation, based on your understanding of poetry from the Caribbean islands.
- The mandala motif in The Solid Mandalais a reflection on the diasporic Australian identity. Discussin detail.
- Analyse the theme of redemption in The Stone Angel.
- In what way has modern critical theory facilitated our understanding of Literature from erstwhile colonized regions such as the Caribbean?