MEG-08 Solved Assignment 2018-19 (New Literatures In English). IGNOU MA Assignment Solution Valid For July 2018 and January 2019 Sessions
MEG – 08 : New Literatures In English
ASSIGNMENT 2018 – 2019
Based on Blocks (1 – 8)
Assignment Code: MEG-08/TMA/2018-19
Max Marks: 100
- One form of cultural decolonization was to oppose colonial education. With referenceto the poem “Dan is the Man’, show how the Caribbeans opposed the colonialeducation system.
- Australia and Canada are both settler colonies. Write a detailed note on the forging of a literary identity by both nations.
- Comment on the title of the novel A Grain of Wheat.
- Write a detailed note on some major issues present in the play A Dance of the Forests.
- Analyse the reasons why the author employs a girl-child as the narrator of her novel Ice-Candy Man.
- Discuss the use of irony and humor in A House for Mr. Biswas.
- Attempt a critical appreciation of Walcott’s poem ‘Crusoe’s Journal’.
- Critically analyse Braithwaite’spoem ‘Ananse’.
- Write a note on the thematic preoccupations present in The Solid Mandala.
- Attempt a detailed character analysis of Hagar in the novel The Stone Angel.