|Course Code :||MEG-03|
|Course Title :||British Novel|
|Program :||MA English|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
(Based on Blocks (1-9)
Max. Marks: 100
Answer all questions.
- As a reader from the Third World can you relate to the events and happenings in Fielding’s Tom Jones? And would you agree that ‘Tom Jones is so simple that it makes no great demand on you as a reader’? Discuss with reasons.
- Does modern critical perspective help us understand Wuthering Heightsbetter or does it just confuse us? Discuss.
- How many women characters are to be found inthe Heart of Darknesswould you consider Conrad to be a misogynist?
- Give a detailed note on the three broad movements that defines the structure of A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.
- Why do you think Forster shifts the theme of the novel from history to philosophy?