|Course Code :||MEG-02|
|Course Title :||British Drama|
|Program :||MA English|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
MASTERS DEGREE IN ENGLISH-02 (MEG-02)
Course Code: MEG-02
Assignment Code: MEG-02/TMA/2020-21
Max. Marks: 100
Answer any five questions:
All questions carry equal marks. Answer each question in about 350 to 400 words.
- Would you call the character of Dr. Faustus ‘heroic’? Give reasons for your answer.
- Discuss the play within the play in A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- What is the importance of Hamlet’s soliloquies in the play?
- Can The Alchemist be considered an allegory? Give a reasoned answer.
- Can Eliza in Pygmalion be termed as feminist? Elaborate.
- What are the comic strategies used in The Playboy of the Western World?
- Discuss Murder in the Cathedral as a poetic drama.
- Comment on the title of Look Back in Anger.
- Discuss Waiting for Godot from the perspective of the theatre of the Absurd.