|Course Code :||MEG-02|
|Course Title :||British Drama|
|Program :||MA English|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
MASTERS DEGREE IN ENGLISH-02 (MEG-02)
Course Code: MEG-02
Assignment Code: MEG-02/TMA/2019-20
Max. Marks: 100
Answer any five questions:
All questions carry equal marks
- Discuss the character of Dr Faustus as a tragic figure.
- Identify the characteristics of Shakespearean comedy in A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
- What do you think is the dominant quality of Hamlet’s character? Illustrate.
- Discuss The Alchemist as a satire.
- Comment on the relevance of The Playboy of the Western World to the present time.
- Do you think Pygmalionis a romance? Give reasons for your answer.
- What are the qualities that set Murder in the Cathedral apart from other plays?
- Examine the existentialist elements in Waiting for Godot.
- Discuss the main characters of Look Back in Anger and their relationship with each other.
- Write an essay on British drama in the twentieth century.