|Course Code :||MEC-105/MEC-005|
|Course Title :||Indian Economic Policy|
|Program :||MA Economics / MEC|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||15th March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
15th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
MEC-005/105: INDIAN ECONOMIC POLICY
Course Code: MEC-005/105
Assignment Code: MEC-105/AST/2020-21
Total Marks: 100
1. All questions are compulsory.
2. Questions in Section A carry 20 marks each and are to be answered in about 700 words each.
3. Questions in Section B carry 12 marks each and are to be answered in about 400 words each.
1. Do you think that Indian economy is on the path of transition – transition from under development to development, from poverty to prosperity and from scarcity to abundance? Explain with reasons. Evaluate the effects of economic growth on the distribution of national income.
2. “The quality of life in India is far from satisfactory”. Comment.
3. Analyze the rate and pattern of industrial growth during last two decades. What suggestions would you like to make for achieving high industrial growth?
4. Identify the constituents of second generation of economic reforms. To what extent the second generation of reforms will tackle the contemporary challenges of Indian’s development.
5. “States should have their due share in responsibilities as well as rights”. In the light of this statement, bring out the important issues in Center-State relations in India.
6. Give an account of India’s balance of payment situation during last two decades. Discuss the policy implications of emerging situation of Balance of Payment.
7. What do you mean by the food security? Evaluate the various measures adopted by the Government of India
towards food security.
Keywords: MEC-005, MEC005, MEC 005, MEC-5, MEC5, MEC 5, MEC-05, MEC05, MEC 05, MEC-105, MEC105, MEC 105