|Course Code :||MEC-105|
|Course Title :||Indian Economic Policy|
|Program :||MA Economics / MEC|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
30th September, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
MEC-005/105: INDIAN ECONOMIC POLICY
Course Code: MEC-105
Assignment Code: MEC-105/AST/2021-22
Total Marks: 100
Note: Answer all the questions. While questions in Section A carry 20 marks each (to be answered in about 700 words each) those in Section B carry 12 marks each (to be answered in about 500 words each).
1. “Indian economic environment has undergone dramatic changes with a shift in development strategy”- In the light of this statement evaluate the series of economic reforms introduced since 1991.
2. State the various dimensions of deterioration in the quality of employment in India. Also examine the policy implications of declining rate of women’s participation in the workforce.
3. Explain the major crises Indian agriculture is facing. Which reforms would you like to suggest to solve these crises.
4. What do you mean by inequality of income? How are the inequalities of income measured in an economy? Examine the policy implications of wide spread poverty and inequality in the Indian economy.
5. What is capital market? Trace the development reforms of the capital market in India and evaluate the impact of these reforms in the growth of equity and the foreign exchange market.
6. What do you mean by fiscal imbalance? What steps have been taken by the Government of India to correct the fiscal imbalances?
7. “Rapid industrialization and diversification of the industrial structure have been the twin objective of industrial policy in India”- Elaborate.
Keywords: MEC-005, MEC005, MEC 005, MEC-5, MEC5, MEC 5, MEC-05, MEC05, MEC 05, MEC-105, MEC105, MEC 105