|Course Code :||MEC-5/105|
|Course Title :||Indian Economic Policy|
|Assignment Code :
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Last date of Submission :||31 March, 2019 (for July 2018 Session)
30 September, 2019 (for January 2019 Session)
Note: Answer all the questions. While questions in Section A carry 20 marks each (to be answered in about 700 words each) those in Section B carry 12 marks each (to be answered in about 500 words each).
1. “Indian economic environment has undergone dramatic changes with a shift in development strategy”. Comment.
2. How are the inequalities of income measured in an economy? Examine the policy implications of widespread poverty and inequality in the Indian economy. Do you think that social protection can play an important role in mitigating poverty and inequality?
3. Explain the nature of crises in Indian agriculture. What suggestions would you like to make for sustainable growth of Indian agriculture?
4. Explain the important issues crucial for promotion of Indian exports and hence need to be addressed in India’s trade policy.
5. “The financial sector in India is still in a state transition”- Comment.
6. “Rapid Industrialization and diversification of the Industrial structure have been twin objectives of industrial policy in India”. In the light of this statement critically examine ‘Make in India’ Programme.
7. Do you agree that the existing institutional structure in India have not led to good governance outcome? Give reasons in support of your answer.