|Program :||MCOM (2nd Year)|
|Course Code :||MCO-7|
|Course Title :||Financial Managements|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||15th March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
15th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
|Course Code||: MCO-07|
|Course Title||: Financial Managements|
|Assignment Code||: MCO-07/TMA/2020-21|
|Coverage||: All Blocks|
Maximum marks: 100
Attempt all the questions.
- (a) What is financial management? What are its basic functions?.
(b) Discuss the concept of ‘risk’ and return’’.
- (a) Discuss the features of an appropriate capital structure of a company.
(b) Explain the various factors that influence the working capital requirements of a business.
- (a) What is money market? What are its characteristics? (3+7)
(b) Discuss the ‘Capital Asset Price Model’.
- A company is considering the purchase of a machine. There are two machines ‘X’ and ‘Y’. The cost of these machines is Rs. 40,000 each. The earnings after tax are as given below :
Year Machine ‘X’ (Rs.) Machine ‘Y’ (Rs.) 1 12,000 4,000 2 16,000 12,000 3 20,000 16,000 4 12,000 24,000 5 8,000 16,000
(a) Payback period method
(b) Net present value method
Evaluate the alternatives ‘X’ or ‘Y’ according to these methods. The rate of discount is 10%.
- A firm has a sales of Rs. 60,00,000, variable cost is 20% on sales, fixed cost is Rs.20,50,000 and debentures of Rs. 8,00,000 at 10% rate of interest. Calculate Operating leverage, financial leverage and combined leverage.