|Program :||MCOM (2nd Year)|
|Course Code :||MCO-5|
|Course Title :||Accounting for Managerial Decisions|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||15th March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
15th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
|Course Code||: MCO-05|
|Course Title||: Accounting for Managerial Decisions|
|Assignment Code||: MCO-05/TMA/2019-20|
|Coverage||: All Blocks|
Maximum marks: 100
Attempt all the questions.
- What is Cash flow statement? Explain the various techniques of preparing cash flow statement. How does it help the management in decision making?
- Standard cost of product is :
Time : 6 hours per unit
Rate : Rs 4 per hour
Actual cost :
Production 1,500 units
Hours taken 7,600 units
Idle time (in hours) 400
Total hours : 8,000
Total labour cost announced to Rs. 40,000. Calculate Labour Variance.
- What do you understand by ‘Zero Based Budgeting’? State the benefits that accrue from it and also its disadvantages.
- The following data are available from the records of a company:
Sales Rs. 60,000
Variable Cost Rs. 30,000
Fixed Cost Rs. 15,000
You are required to :
(a) Calculate the P/V Ratio, Break – Even Point and Margin of Safety at this level.
(b) Calculate the effect of 10% increase in the sale price.
(c) Calculate the effect of 10% decrease in the sale price.
- What do you mean by the term ‘Budgetary Control’? What are its advantages? Also explain the statement that, “A budget is a means and Budgetary control is the end result”.