|Program :||MCOM (2nd Year)|
|Course Code :||MCO-5|
|Course Title :||Accounting for Managerial Decisions|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||15th March, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
15th September, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
|Course Code||: MCO-05|
|Course Title||: Accounting for Managerial Decisions|
|Assignment Code||: MCO-05/TMA/2021-22|
|Coverage||: All Blocks|
Maximum marks: 100
Attempt all the questions.
- (a) Distinguish among variable, fixed and semi-variable costs. Why is this distinction important?
(b) How cash flow statement is different from income statement? What are the additional benefits to different users of accounting information from cash flow statement?
- (a) What do you understand by zero base budgeting? How is it different from traditional budgeting?
(b) “Responsibility accounting is a responsibility set-up of management accounting”. Comment.
- Information regarding Sanjeev Ltd. is as follows:
Less : Variable costs 4,50,000
Less : Fixed costs 90,000
You are required to calculate:
(a) Break-even point
(b) P/V Ratio
(c) Profit on sales of` 9,00,000
(d) Sales required to each a profit of 90,000
(e) Margin of safety
- (a) What do you mean by accounting reports? What are the different types of reports for internal use?
(b) Explain the significance of Profit-Volume ratio, Margin of Safety and Angle of Incidence?
- Following are the summary of cash transactions extracted from the books of AB Ltd.:
Balance on 1-07-2016 35,000
Receipts from customers 27,83,000
Issue of shares 3,00,000
Sale of fixed Assets 1,28,000
Payments to suppliers 20,47,000
Payment for fixed assets 2,30,000
Payments for overheads 1,15,000
Dividends paid 80,000
Repayment of Bank Loan 2,50,000
Keywords: MCO-05, MCO05, MCO5, MCO-5, MCO 5, MCO 05