|Program :||MCOM (2nd Year)|
|Course Code :||MCO-3|
|Course Title :||Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||15th March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
15th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
|Course Code||: MCO-03|
|Course Title||: Research Methodology and Statistical Analysis|
|Assignment Code||: MCO-03/TMA/2019-20|
|Coverage||: All Blocks|
Maximum marks: 100
Attempt all the questions.
- What do you mean by a hypothesis? What are the different types of hypotheses?
- (a) What do you mean by an index number? Explain the uses of index number for analyzing the data.
(b) What is reporting? What are the different stages in the preparation of a report?
- Briefly comment on the following :
(a) Classification of data provides a basis for tabulation of data
(b) Statistics are like clay, with which one can make God or the Devil
(c) Visual presentation of statistical data has become more popular
(d) Figures don’t lie but liers can figure
- Write short notes on the following :
(a) Historical Research
(c) Splicing of Indices
(d) Baye’s theorem in probability
- Distinguish between the following :
(a) Inductive and Deductive logic
(b) Pilot study and Pre-test
(c) Random Sampling and Non-random Sampling
(d) Correlation and Regression