(Tutor Marked Assignment)
Course Code: LSE-12
Assignment Code: LSE-12/TMA/2019
Maximum Marks: 100
- Prepare a table showing groups of organisms of the Five Kingdoms Classification.
- With the help of suitable examples and well labelled diagrams describe the basic types of thallus in algae.
- List the divisions of eukaryotic algae. Write the salient characteristics and give two examples of each.
- Describe methods of vegetative reproduction in fungi with the help of labelled diagrams.
- Write an account on the role of fungi in fermentation. Give suitable examples to support your answer.
- Illustrate vegetative and sexual reproduction inMarchantia.
- Make neat and labelled diagrams of the following: a) types of fossils, and b) life cycle of Selaginella.
- Outline the general characteristics of pteridophytes. How do they resemble bryophytes and in which characteristics both differ from each other? In what aspects pteridophytes resemble seed plants?