|Course Code :||LSE-9|
|Course Title :||Animal Diversity-I|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Submission Period :||From 1st January, 2020 to 31st December, 2020|
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
(Tutor Marked Assignment)
Course Code: LSE-09
Assignment Code: LSE-09/TMA/2020
Maximum Marks: 100
1. (a) What are the salient features of Porifera?
(b) How are coral reefs formed?
2. (a) What is torsion? Discuss the process of torsion in gastropods.
(b) What are the characteristics of echinoderms that are unique to them and not found in other phyla?
3. Explain adaptive radiations in Polychaeta.
4. (a) Define biological communication.
(b) What is ritualisation?
(c) What does fixed action pattern mean?
(d) Name any two purpose for which
i) visual signals are used.
ii) auditory signals are used.
(e) What is stridulation?
5. Describe the various types of circulatory system found in non-chordates. Illustrate your answer with diagrams.
6. Discuss the non-chordates yielding industrial products and medicinal products.
7. Write short notes on the following:
(a) Communication through visual in insects
(b) Chemoreceptors in non-chordates
(c) Water vascular system in starfish