Course Code: LSE-01
Assignment Code: LSE-01/TMA/2018
Course Title: Cell Biology
- Differentiate between the following:(a)Procaryotes and Eucaryotes.(b)Mitochondria and Chloroplast.(c)Animal and Plant cells.(d)Fluorescence microscopy and phase contrast microscopy.
- Describe the methods for separating macromolecules on the basis of their size, charge, solubility and molecular affinity.
- What is medicated permeability? Discuss the types of mediated permeability.
- Explain the characteristics of enzyme and mechanism of its action.
- Discuss the electron transfer chain and oxidative phosphorylation.
- Describe the steps involved in the transfer of amino acids to RNA.
- Explain the mechanism of intercellular recognition and cell aggregation.
- What is cell cycle? Explain how cell cycle times are determined.
- Write short notes on the following:(a)Mesenchyme(b)Type of bonds(c)Proton pump in photosynthesis(d)Cyclic AMP as second messenger