|Course Code :||IBO-05|
|Course Title :||International Marketing Logistics|
|Program :||MCOM (1st Year)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||15th March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
15th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
|Course Code||: IBO-05|
|Course Title||: International Marketing Logistics|
|Assignment Code||: IBO-05/TMA/2019-20|
|Coverage||: All Blocks|
Maximum marks: 100
Attempt all the questions.
- What are the three important concepts relevant to logistics management by an organization? Explain them briefly and state which one you regard as the best approach and why?
- Discuss the basis principles and factors that govern the liner freight rates. Also specify the different elements added to basic freight rates to work out the final charges to be paid in case of break – bulk cargo.
- Briefly comment on the following :
(a) Traditionally, physical distribution is considered as the other half of marketing
(b) The rate of return from warehousing business is low and the gestation period is rather long
(c) Overworked ports suffer from low level of efficiency and productivity and so have become costly ports from the users point of view
(d) Shippers – Ship-owners consultation arrangements in India leave much scope for improvement.
- Write short notes on the following :
(a) Multi-modal transport
(b) Inventory Control
(d) Trampt trade
- Distinguish between the following :
(a) Total cost concept and Total system concept
(b) Weight Ton and Measurement Ton
(c) Ship owner’s Lien and Maritime Lien
(d) Private Warehouse and Public Warehouse