|Course Code :||ESO-15|
|Course Title :||Society and Religion|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Indira Gandhi National Open University
Elective Course in Sociology: ESO-15
Society and Religion
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Maximum Marks: 100
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: ESO-15
Assignment Code: ESO-15/AST/TMA/2019-20
Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each.
1. What is religion? Discuss the development of Sociology of Religion.
2. Explain the intellectualist theories of religion.
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Explain the concept of Protestantism in the light of economic development.
4. Compare and contrast between Bhakti and Sufism.
5. Examine the nexus between religion and politics of the state.
6. Discuss the reformative features brought about by Arya Samaj movement.
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
7. Define civil religion.
8. Define the concept of communalism.