|Course Code :||ESO-13|
|Course Title :||Sociological Thought|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY
Elective Course in Sociology
Sociological Thought: ESO-14
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Maximum Marks: 100
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: ESO-13
Assignment Code: ESO-13/AST/TMA/2019-2020
Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each.
1. Analyse Max Weber’s approach towards the understanding of Capitalism.
2. Discuss central ideas of August Comte.
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss the notion of alienation as elaborated by Marx.
4. Define social facts and explain their significance.
5. Distinguish between latent and manifest functions. Give suitable examples.
6. Discuss Simmel’s ideas on Sociology.
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
7. Differentiate between social structure and social organization.
8. Write a note on the concept of Power and Authority.
ESO-13, ESO13, ESO 13, ESO 13 2019-2020