|Course Code :||ESO-12|
|Course Title :||Society in India|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY
Elective Course in Sociology
Society in India: ESO-12
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Maximum Marks: 100
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: ESO-12
Assignment Code: ESO-12/AST/TMA/2020-2021
Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each.
1. Explain the impact of economic liberalisation on rural economy in India. 20
2. Discuss the bonds of unity in India. 20
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Discuss the defining characteristics of a town. 12
4. What are the major problems encountered by ‘Scheduled Tribes’ in India? 12
5. Differentiate between classificatory and descriptive kinship terms. 12
6. Discuss the changing forms of family in India Society. 12
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
7. Explain the concept of “dominant caste”. 06
8. What do you understand by “westernisation”? 06
Keyword: ESO-12, ESO12, ESO 12, ESO 12, ESO-012, ESO012, ESO 012