|Course Code :||ESO-12|
|Course Title :||Society in India|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
INDIRA GANDHI NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY
Elective Course in Sociology
Society in India: ESO-12
Tutor Marked Assignment (TMA)
Maximum Marks: 100
Programme Code: BDP
Course Code: ESO-12
Assignment Code: ESO-12/AST/TMA/2019-2020
Answer all the questions.
Answer the following questions in about 500 words each.
1. Explain the changing nature of the agrarian class structure.
2. Discuss the changing facets of Caste System in India
Answer the following questions in about 250 words each.
3. Differentiate between lineage and kinship
4. What are the major problems encountered by ‘Scheduled Castes’ in India?
5. Describe the features of the kinship system of South India
6. Discuss the changing forms of marriage in India Society.
Answer the following questions in about 100 words each.
7. Explain the concept of “dominant caste”.
8. What do you understand by “sanskritization”?
ESO-12, ESO12, ESO 12, ESO 12 2019-2020