|Course Code :||EHI-5|
|Course Title :||India from mid 18th to mid 19th Century|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
30th September, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
EHI-05 : India From Mid 18th to Mid 19th Century
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory.
DCQ: Answer any two questions in about 500 words each.
1. Discuss the main features of the ryotwari settlement.What was (20 marks).
its impact on the peasantry?
2. Discuss the different views of various historians on the Maratha (20 marks).
state system.What was the role of fitna in this system?
3. Highlight the main aspects of Mysore state formation. (20 marks).
How was this different from Hyderabad?
4. Was the 18th century a ‘Dark Age’? Discuss with reference to (20 marks).
the views of various historians
MCQ: Answer any four questions in about 300 words each.
5. What was the role of the utilitarians in shaping the British policy (12 marks).
in the late 18th and early 19th centuries?
6. What was the impact of the 1857 revolt? (12 marks).
7. What were the main features of the mahalwari system? (12 marks).
8. What were the main features of the Charter Act of 1833? (12 marks).
9. Did the British succeed in establishing the rule of law in the
18th and 19th centuries? (12 marks).
10. Were the Afghan wars able to fulfil the objectives of the British? (12 marks).
11. Discuss the role of Raja Ram Mohun Roy in taking forward the (12 marks).
social reforms in India.
12. Comment on the Hindi-Urdu controversy. (12 marks).
SCQ: Answer any two in about 100 words each. 6+6 marks
13. (a) Ishwar Chandra Vidyasagar
(b) Bengal Under Alivardi Khan
(c) Permanent Settlement
(d) Formation of the civil services under the British
Keywords: EHI-05, EHI05, EHI 05, EHI-5, EHI5, EHI 5