|Course Code :||EHI-04|
|Course Title :||India : From 16th to Mid-18th Century|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
India: From 16th to Mid-18th Century
Course Code: EHI-04
Assignment Code: EHI-04/AST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory.Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Critically examine Akbar’s policy towards autonomous chieftains.
Discuss briefly the evolution of mansab system under the Mughals.
2. Enumerate various categories of land rights in the medieval Deccan.
Trace the evolution of Mughal school of painting under Akbar.
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. What were the problems faced by Humayun during his reign?
Give a brief account of the political developments of the kingdomsof Ahmadnagar and her struggle with the neighbouring states.
4. Describe the currency system of the Mughals.
What do you understand by the term ‘watan sysyem’? What were its chief characteristics?
5. Discuss merits and demerits of the zabti system.
Discuss role of brokers, sarrafs and moneylenders in trade and commerce during the 16th-17th centuries.
6. What were the main features of the Maratha and Gaudia Vaishnavism.
Discuss briefly attitude of the Mughals towards religion.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following:
i) Establishment of Uzbeg power in Transoxiana
ii) BritishEast India Company
iii) Food Crops and Cash Crops
iv) Mughal Response towards Printing Press