|Course Code :||EHI-03|
|Course Title :||India from 8th to 15th Century|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BA / BDP|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||31st March, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
30th September, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
India from 8th to 15th Century
Course Code: EHI-03
Assignment Code: EHI-03/AST/TMA/2019-20
Total Marks: 100
Note: All questions are compulsory.Marks are indicated against each question.
Section 1: Answer each question in about 500 words.
1. Critically examine the characteristics of early medieval agrarian economy.
List various styles of early medieval temples. Discuss its characteristics.
2. Analyse critically Mongol policy of the Turkish Sultans.
List various sufi silsilahs. What were the differences in Chishti and Suhrawardi approaches towards the state?
Section 2: Answer each question in about 250 words.
3. How did the trading activities help in the growth of towns? Discuss in the context of early medieval trading towns.
Analyse the transformation of bureaucracy in the early medieval northern India.Was there feudalisation of bureaucracy?
4. What were the factors responsible for the disintegration of the Turkish Sultanate?
Write a note on iqta system.
5. Discuss factors responsible for the expansion of trade during the Sultanate period.
Describe the currency system of the Delhi Sultans.
6. Who were Afaqis and Deccanis? Discuss the conflict between the Afaqis and the Deccanis and their relations with the Bahamani rulers.
Write a note on the emergence of kingdoms and principalities in south India after the decline of the Cholas and the Chalukyas.
Section 3: Answer in about 100 words each.
7. Write short notes on any two of the following:
i) Role of ideology in the post-Gupta period
ii) Turkish nomads
iii) Territorial expansion under the Khaljis
iv) Military Technology