EEC-13 ELEMENTARY STATISTICAL METHODS AND SURVEY TECHNIQUES SOLVED ASSIGNMENT
Programme Code: BDP (BA)
Course Code: EEC-13
Course Name: ELEMENTARY STATISTICAL METHODS AND SURVEY TECHNIQUES
Assignment Code: EEC-13/AST/TMA/2017-18
Questions Solved In Assignment:
- (a) Explain the concepts of skewness and kurtosis. Briefly describe how these can be measured.(b) The median, mode and Karl Person’s coefficient of skewness of a distribution are 17.4, 15.3 and 0.35 respectively. Calculate the coefficient of variation of the distribution.
- (a) Explain the concepts of level of significance and rejection region using suitable diagram of a standard normal curve.(b) Explain the concept of standard error through a suitable example. What are its implications?(c) How do you construct confidence interval for a statistic? What are its implications?
- Define probability distribution function of binomial distribution. Assume that the probability of a boat reaching its destination safely is 0.9. Under the assumption of binomialdistribution, find the mean and standard deviation of boats reaching destination safely out of a total 500 boats.
- Calculate index numbers using Paasche’s method and Fisher’s method from the following data.
- a) Define correlation coefficient. What are its properties?b) Fit a straight line (Y = a + bX) to the following data. Compare the estimated values of thedependent variable with its actual values.
- What is a life table? Explain its uses and limitations.
- Write short notes on the following:(a)Bayes’ theorem of probability(b)Age specific birth and death rates
- Differentiate between the following:(a) Simple random sampling and Stratified random sampling(b) Type I and Type II errors in hypothesis testing