|Course Code :||ECO-07|
|Course Title :||Elements of Statistics|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Max Marks :||100|
|Last Date of Submission :||1. Those who are enrolled in July 2020, it is valid up to June 2021.
2. Those who are enrolled in January 2021, it is valid up to December 2021.
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
TUTOR MARKED ASSIGNMENT
|Course Code||: ECO-05|
|Course Title||: ELEMENTS OF STATISTICS|
|Assignment Code||: ECO-07/TMA/2020-21|
|Coverage||: All Blocks|
Maximum marks: 100
Attempt all sections.
- What is statistical survey? Discuss the steps to be followed while conducting statistical survey.
- Central tendency, dispersion an skewness are three different measures to analyse numerical data. Comment.
- Calculate a) Mean, b) Variance and c) Standard deviation from the following frequency distribution:-
Classes Frequency 1-10 11 10-20 29 20-30 18 30-40 4 40-50 5 50-60 3
- a) What is the relationship between Mean. Median and Mode:
(i) Symmetrical curve
(ii) A negatively slewed curve
(iii) A positively skewed curve
b) For a frequency distribution: Q3-Q2 = 40 & Q2-Q1=60 Find coefficient of skewness.
- Write short notes on the following –
a) Principle of preparing graphs.
b) Statistical Table
c) Data Array
d) Properties of Normal Curve.
Keywords: ECO-07, ECO07, ECO 07, ECO-7, ECO7, ECO 7