|Course Code :||BSOC-133|
|Course Title :||Sociological Theories|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2021 and January 2022 (2021-22)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2022 (for July 2021 session)
31st October, 2022 (for January 2022 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BSOC-133
Assignment Code: ASST/BSOC 133/ 2021-22
Total Marks: 100
Answer the following Descriptive Category Questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the Marxian concepts of dialectics and social change.
2. What is social revolution and how it will be reached? Discuss from Marxian perspective.
Answer the following Middle Category Questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10 marks.
3. Compare and contrast the viewpoint of Durkheim and Marx on division of labour.
4. What did Durkheim mean by ‘collective conscience’?
5. Distinguish between normal and pathological social facts.
Answer the following Short Category Questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6 marks.
6. What did Weber mean by verstehen or interpretative understanding?
7. Describe the three types of authority.
8. Explain the difference between ‘value relevance’ and ‘value neutrality’.
9. What did Marx mean by ‘mode of production’?
10. Explain the purpose and use of ideal types in social sciences.
Keywords: BSOC-133, BSOC133, BSOC 133, IGNOU Solution Guide, Answer Key