|Course Code :||BSOC-132|
|Course Title :||Sociology of India|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2019 and January 2020 (2019-20)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2020 (for July 2019 session)
31st October, 2020 (for January 2020 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
BSOC-132 : SOCIOLOGY OF INDIA
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BSOC-132
Assignment Code: ASST /TMA /July 2019 & January 2020
Total Marks: 100
Answer the following Descriptive Category questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Describe the elements of unity and diversity in India.
Do you think the diversity of different cultures and races affect the unity of India. Give examples to explain your standpoint.
2. Define the concept of social change and describe some of the ways in which India is changing.
What is the meaning of tribe? Discuss the major characteristics associated with tribes in India.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10 marks.
3. Define Caste. Discuss the attributional approach to the study of caste in India.
Discuss the concept of class with special reference to society in India.
4. Is family an universal social institution? Discuss
Describe briefly the marriage patterns found in India.
5. Does religion play a significant role in our daily lives? Discuss
Define ethnicity and discuss some of the major ethnic movements in India.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6 marks.
6. What is the meaning of social institution?
7. Define social movement and discuss an example of social movement in tribal India.
8. Who are the dalits?
9. Define communalism and give an example.
10. How is secularism in India different from secularism in the West?