|Course Code :||BSOC-131|
|Course Title :||Introduction to Sociology|
|Medium :||English Medium|
|Program :||BAG / BA (CBCS)|
|Maximum Marks :||100|
|Session :||July 2020 and January 2021 (2020-21)|
|Last Date of Submission :||30th April, 2021 (for July 2020 session)
31st October, 2021 (for January 2021 session)
|Solution Type :||Softcopy (PDF File)|
INTRODUCTION TO SOCIOLOGY
Tutor Marked Assignments
Course Code: BSOC –131
Assignment Code: ASST /TMA /July 2020 & January 2021
Total Marks: 100
Answer the following Descriptive Category questions in about 500 words each. Each question carries 20 marks.
1. Discuss the factors for the emergence of sociology.
What are the elements of culture? Discuss.
2. Discuss the approaches to the understanding of social change.
Describe the similarities between sociology and social anthropology.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 250 words each. Each question carries 10 marks.
3. Describe the characteristics of community.
What is social psychology? Explain its inter-disciplinary approach.
4. Discuss the perspectives on social institutions.
Explain the different kinds of organisation.
5. Describe the premises of functionalism.
Discuss Mead’s theory of the development of self.
Answer the following Short Category questions in about 100 words each. Each question carries 6 marks.
6. Write a note on contemporary economic sociology.
7. Describe the concepts of culture trait and culture complex.
8. Differentiate between ascribed and achieved status.
9. Differentiate between multiple roles and role set.
10. Define the concept of socialization.